Healthy Baking Substitutes
We found this delectable recipe on www.savingeveryday.net. Pumpkin black bean brownies are so rich and fudgy that your guests won't even know that they are healthy. You are unable to detect the beans at all! Once your guests rave about how yummy they are, then share with them that the main ingredient is something they would never expect!
Extra Fudgy Flourless Pumpkin Brownies
Extra fudgy brownies made black beans, pumpkin, chocolate, and coffee are a rich and decadent treat!
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 eggs
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground, instant coffee
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray a 9x13” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving the ends sticking out over the top of the pan. This makes removing them from the pan much more manageable. Add black beans to a food processor and pulse until they’re mostly broken down or mashed. Add the eggs and pumpkin puree and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add all the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Lastly, fold in almost all of the chocolate chips, reserving about ½ cup for the top. Pour the batter into your prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool for 20 minutes in the pan. Use the parchment paper to lift them out, and place them on a wire rack to cool. Since these are so fudgy, let them completely cool before trying to cut them. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar over the top before serving!
These are so fudgy that I like to store them in the fridge and pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds before serving!
Baptist Life Communities wants you to enjoy all the yummy goodness of the fall season with healthier choices. For more information contact us today at (859) 283-8600 or sign up to receive the BLC Enews, which will be delivered to your inbox by going to - https://www.blcnky.com/contact-us